Friday, July 02, 2004

I'll be gone a couple days

My girl is coming to visit, and I don't get on the net during those times. I pay attention to her.

But we are both of the same mind. We'll be seeing F-9/11 during the weekend. We're both involved in a charity to raise money for people in need.

And I think, there couldn't be a post like this on a right-wing website. I just don't see the wingers posting about volunteerism, unless it's to talk about fundie missionary work. And I'm really not bragging on my own work. I'm trying to make a point. Philanthropy is second nature to me. I think it is to most progressives. We care about others. It just is a bottom line.

This is a particular hobby horse of mine because of a scrap I had a few days ago with a Bushie who decided he just had to attack Teresa Kerry. The scrap took place on the Politically Speaking section of the EMB, and such ignorance I've never seen.

But never mind the ignorance. Teresa Kerry should be seen as a saint. REALLY! The Heinz endowments are maybe the most progressive and entrepreneurial charities going, and Teresa runs it and focuses on education and the environment and may other causes in the Pittsburgh area. I am stunned when anyone decides to attack her. What is it about such attacks. How could those right wingers have such a lack of common decency? It makes me sad about America that folks like that care so little about others.

Of course, we know there is no shame on the Republican side. Family values? No, they don't understand. Shame is a part of those values, as it is a motivator towards good works. I don't want to get too philosophical, but it is an urge within that motivates good works, and that urge has to do with the shame that would envelope one if he/she did NOT do good works. Republicans have NONE of that. They have Tom DeLay, who seems to invent charities in order to funnel the money to campaigns.

Anyway, see you all in a few days, and go watch F-9/11! It is worth a second or third viewing. And at the end stand up and shout about how folks need to vote!

VOTE!!!