Saturday, July 10, 2004

From Newshour last night

First a little background. As some here will know, I participate in political conversation, if it can be called that, on the Political Speaking forum, which is linked over there on the left. It is a strange place (Actually it is a political debate forum on the Philadelphia Eagles Message Board -- yeah, you got that right, foortball), with some good debaters on both sides but also an assortment of tools on the right the likes of which you'll likely never run across again. Sometimes posting here on ASZ let's me clear my head, and sometimes it allows me to elaborate on a point in a place where at least ONE person will be equipped to understand.

Anyway, someone posted this little snippet from Newshour today:
JIM LEHRER: Senator Rockefeller, do you believe that if the president had known then what he knows now, he would have still taken us to war?

SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER: I can't answer that question. I just ask -- the question I ask is, why isn't he, and maybe he is, why isn't he as angry about his decision, so to speak his vote on this, as I am about mine?

JIM LEHRER: You regret your vote?

SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER: Oh, I said that months and months ago.
Newshour
What would the Bush Administration reaction to that be? If they are truthful then they are thankful for the committee report for giving them cover now, thankful for the bad intelligence that allowed them to fool the American people and go to war. No, there would be no regrets. We have seen that there is no such thing as taking responsibility in this Administration.

Personal Responsibility? Collective Responsibility? Any kind of responsibility? It hasn't happened yet. Not with this collection of boobs.