Thursday, July 29, 2004

Is Bush Nuts?

I keep telling myself almost every day, when the old jerky knee wants me to write a headline just like that, that I should put some content in the headline, point towards the story, be at least pseudo-journalistic. After all, this is Richard's Blog and he's been so kind as to let me write here. So I try desperately to avoid the title that comes to mind nearly every day, IS BUSH NUTS????

This time it is an appropriate title, because the answer to the question just might be "yes."

According to Capitol Hill Blues, a liberal journal specializing in Beltway news, Mr. Bush is being given some serious anti-depressant meds to control what is evidently some very erratic behavior.
President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President’s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” says one aide. “We can’t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.”

I guess it is clear how the big old liberal media machine has picked up on this. They haven't. I stumbled on the story about 9 hours ago, and in that time I've seen it spread to just one other outlet. Of course, if the story first bloomed on Drudge, as often those stories Foxnews finds too hot to handle do, then it would be spread to Limbaugh, spread to O'Reilly, the neo-con pseudo net dailys would grab on, and we'd be a few days putting out the fire.

Let me take a breath here. This is difficult to discuss calmly.

HE'S NUTS!

OK, I'm ready to proceed. So, I understand why nobody has picked this up, but from what Capitol Hill Blues has reported, Bush's behavior has not gone unnoticed by the Press.
Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly-upset Bush stormed off stage on July 8, refusing to answer reporters' questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

“Keep those motherfuckers away from me,” he screamed at an aide backstage. “If you can’t, I’ll find someone who can.”

Bush’s mental stability has become the topic of Washington whispers in recent months. Capitol Hill Blue first reported on June 4 about increasing concern among White House aides over the President’s wide mood swings and obscene outbursts.


It appears we have a mad President in the attic that the Press and the White House are unwilling to talk about.