Wednesday, February 23, 2005

An Offer Wead Couldn't Refuse?

Wow. I bet Tweety was pissed.

Dear Mr. Matthews,

I am so sorry to cancel your show. It was very gracious of you to allow me a chance to share my heart and regrets about recent events. It seems the better part of wisdom for me to forgo television for a time. It would only add to the distraction I have caused to the president’s important and historic work.

Contrary to a statement that I made to the New York Times, I have come to realize that personal relationships are more important than history. I am asking my attorney to direct any future proceeds from the book to charity and to find the best way to vet these tapes and get them back to the president to whom they belong. History can wait.

Thanks for your consideration,

Doug Wead

Translation:

Tessio: Can you get me off the hook, Tom? For old times' sake?

Tom Hagen: Can't do it, Sally.