Friday, February 25, 2005

In Case You'd Forgotten, It's the Happy Planet.

The US government via its myrmidons in the Department of Defense continue to poison the planet under the lying umbrella cover of creating freedom and democracy.

Not just in 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, but for decades. Rumsferatu, et al are the party goers that bring the world gifts that keep on giving. And they're using your credit cards and bank accounts and slave wages and your children's college fund and your parents' food budget to do it. And you vote for them. Don't tell me you don't. Denial is not just a river in Egypt, ya know.

Do you DU? (pronounced "dee-you") Of course you do, even though it's easier to think that it's "them" doing it. DU is depleted uranium. It's rained down upon Iraq and Afghanistan and Somali and Kosovo. Yes. There too. And if it weren't for your buck three-eighty, the Strangeloves in the DOD wouldn't be able to kill and maim and mangle today and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

And don't tell me we've already done the depleted uranium topic to death. Since the US is still doing it to the "other", I'm thinking we haven't nearly worn the subject out. Some people are still screaming at the top of their lungs about it, but Peter Jennings is doing UFOlogy on network television ... earnestly of course ... and the rest of us aren't feeling too well.

So, before I head off to work, where I will once again drag my share of rocks up the side of the Pharoah's pyramid so I can put food on my family, I thought I'd leave you with a few DU reminders. They're still doing it, and they're using your blood, sweat and tears, and those of your children to rain down death upon people like YOU whenever and wherever they want.

Dr. Helen Caldicott

Poisonous Legacy

Campaign Against Depleted Uranium

NewScientist.com

Dennis Kyne

What happened to the test tube paradigm?

Rolling Stone

Life Magazine