Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Political Ethics

I'll apologize in advance if ASZ seems a bit scattershot today, but there's just so many targets of opportunity and so little time. Some days, nothing happens, and it's hard to find something worth blogging about. Today is an exception.

Anyway, I was just watching MSNBC a few minutes ago, and the talking twit (don't even know her name) was interviewing a "political ethicist" (didn't catch his name either; I'll update if I get one or both names). She asked, "Is Kitty Kelley's book politically ethical?"

His response: "It was unethical for Kelley to write it, it was unethical for Doubleday to publish it, and it's unethical for you to buy it and repeat the lies."

My response (screaming at the TV): "ASK HIM ABOUT UNFIT FOR COMMAND, YOU TWIT. WAS THAT ETHICAL??"

This "ethicist" goober was hitting every single one of Karl Rove's talking points. Every one. So, I'm wondering about this guy's political alliances, and I'll see if I can't dig up something. Anyway, I'm going out to buy Kitty's book, The Family at bit later today.

It might be unethical to buy Kelley's book, but it would be down right un-American not to.