Thursday, September 16, 2004

Freeway Blogging

Based in the Los Angeles area, with an idea I think was begun in the Pacific NW of the US ... The Freeway Blogger inspires me with his/her constant challenge to the status quo. He/she's the founder of a movement... Check out all the images. And if you've never read the Harlan Ellison short story, Repent, Harlequin! said the Ticktockman, pick up a copy somewhere. (It was originally in "Paingod and Other Delusions") Now's the time. It's a perfect meditative morning read for both the fledgling and reticent non-conformist ... While you're at it I recommend many helpings of Ellison. One of my favorites is "Quiet Lies the Locust Tells", the introductory short story to the anthology "Stalking the Nightmare".

"She thinks we were all killed when they made the Great Sweep, but I escaped in the mud. ... I think I am the last one left alive. The last one who can create dreams and not nightmares. I am the locust."