(...referring, of course, to the meme that the GOP is attempting to spread that the Kerry Campaign is in chaos, because of some recent personnel movements. Now, where would that come from? I guess we could start with Sean Hannity's designated democrat bitch, Susan Estrich. Those of you who are new to ASZ are hereby on notice that we call 'em as we see 'em here).
Anyway, Digby pretty much sums up the answer to the "chaos theory" bullshit. Good stuff. Check it out.
Where was I? Oh yeah. Ownership. Remember the RNC, and George Bush wanting to create an "ownership society"? Ok. Mr. pResident, this morning your challenger, Senator Kerry, had a few things to say about ownership and your 'excuse presidency":
"The president wants you to believe that this record is the record of the victim of circumstances, the result of bad luck, not bad decisions," Kerry said in his speech. "Well, Mr. President, when it comes to your record, we agree -- you own it."You go, John! And while we're talking about ownership, certainly the Bush administration "owns" more than the economic malaise. Just off the top, George Bush owns:
"His is the excuse presidency -- never wrong, never responsible, never to blame ... no, it's not our fault; no, there's nothing wrong; no, we can't do better; no, we haven't made a single mistake," Kerry said.
- The continuing quagmire in Iraq
- The gutting of clean air standards
- The polarization of America
- The unification of the world in it's distaste for the government of the U.S. (and by extension, all Americans)
- The looting of the treasury -- going from comfortable surplus to record deficits in record time - less than four years
- The destruction of democracy in favor of a cross between an oligarchy and a plutocracy.
No question about it, George Bush has clear ownership of a lot of issues near and dear to Americans. Feel free to list your own in the comments.