It's in the air. Our own Doc, the SpinDentist has mentioned as much down-blog, here. Jesus' General has this.
God's Tool, (the title courtesy of The Onion - check it out) the little Twig tells us that he's earned political capital and intends to spend it. We're talking SPEND it, oh Constant Readers. Of course this means to me that he'll be spending much of it to pay back the xian conservative reich that helped make his second term possible. The juggernaut has four years to do its worst ...
James Ridgeway counts the ways in which God's Little Tool will thank all those true believers... No Choice
"The administration already has sought to limit a woman's access to abortion and contraception; to shut up clinics, individuals, and providers of abortion around the world; and to cut funds from women's reproductive health services.My inner Cassandra is in a nasty state over this foul aroma in the air. Have her premonitions ever been wrong? Not often. And by the looks of it, she's in pretty good company these days.
• Get rid of Roe v. Wade
• Promote federal statutes and regulations that use the term "unborn child" to describe the fetus
• Push for enactment of the so-called "Child Custody Protection Act" (CCPA), which would prevent teenagers from crossing state lines to get an abortion
• Deny Medicaid funding for abortions
• Place new restrictions on funding abortion in cases of incest, rape, and where a woman's life is at stake
• Restrict access to contraception and push new legislation to withdraw contraception coverage for federal employees (including military personnel)
• Continue to deny over-the-counter status to emergency contraception claiming it amounts to an abortifacient"
(I've condensed some of the particulars in the bullet points ... check the article at the link)
Oh... and if you must ... here's a close-up of the "Red Center" photo with God's Tool (taken in February of 2004) And if you haven't read Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale", now would be a good time.