Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Pins and Needles Time

I've posted a couple of quick ground updates in the comments during the course of the day; here's what we're seeing in NJ:

Multitudes. Of. Voters.

Conventional wisdom says that this is a good thing for Democrats. The weather has held here in NJ, and no one's spending an inordinate amount of time in line. Locally, we're up to about 75% of registered voters having made it to the polls at 6:30PM EST.

I left the local Dem HQ a few minutes ago to take a breather...been one heck of a day. Everyone is pretty charged up, to say the least. Our polls will be open until all voters in line at 8PM have voted and cleared out.

This is like watching a no-hitter going into the 9th inning...if you're expecting me to say something to jinx it...heh heh...nope.

Expect the blogosphere to explode tonight. By that, I mean servers crashing everywhere due to overload...so if it's a bit hard to get onto some Blogger-based websites tonight, you'll know why.

I'm heading back -- our poll workers were updating the tally sheets when I left, and we're making one last phone push at 7PM. One distinct impression I'm getting: people are tired of getting political phone calls. And my ear hurts. They need to buy headsets next time.

Oh well. One more hour.

I'll try to post an update in the next hour or so. Anyone with fresh info, perceptions, or anxiety to share, feel free to do so in the comments. :-)