Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving Weekend Blogging

I have returned and am nearly in one piece. There are a few aches and pains, but overall we avoided some kind of Armageddon that might have occured when such an odd grouping gets together.

First, I met Spin'ster's kids for the first time and they overwhelmed expectations. Perhaps the high point was Jillian changing into her Princess outfit in front of a fairly formal dining table of adults. She's not yet four, but she had them eating out of the palm of her hand. Her little sister Cate charms the bigs in a different, but no less effective way, and I found myself drawn to picking her up for a hug about every two minutes.

The niece and nephews in all but ceremony (they will all be taking part in the wedding next Fall, the boys in kilts) ran me ragged. Yes, they are the source of aches and pains, as SpinDentist was put to work on the trampoline popping them up as if they were furiously exploding kernals of popcorn. Needless to say there are muscles screaming in my abs and back, muscles I didn't know I had.

I'm back for the political stuff within a few hours.