Friday, November 19, 2004

Group Project

How's this for a group project? The good folks at the uber conservative Heritage Foundation have posted a nice little spreadsheet that details U.S. troop deployments from 1950 to the end of 2003 (most recent stats available, I presume). While I'd like to think I have a decently analytical mind, and I usually parse this kind of schtuff very carefully, I though some folks here might want to take a crack at it without my opinions cluttering your perceptions.

Anyway, here's the link to the Heritage Foundation whitepaper that picqued my curiosity, and here's the link to the spreadsheet detailing troop deployments since 1950.

I'll be more than happy to compile analysis and findings in a future posting. It would be particularly interesting to look at casualty rates -vs- troop buildups in the various conflicts over the timeframe that the deployments are tracked on the spreadsheet.