Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Boys Will Be Boys

No! I'm King of the Hill

From the "you can't make this up" file:

"US Marines of the 1st Division dressed as gladiators stage a chariot race reminiscent of the Charlton Heston movie-complete with confiscated Iraqi horses at their base outside Fallujah, Iraq."

All three photos here.

Didn't it used to be an extra ration of cigarettes, hooch and hookers before the few and the proud went off to kill and be killed? Just askin'. I will most certainly be writing that book based upon my research and observation of the wholly bizarre post Post-Modern resurgence of the love of all things barbarian and gladiatorial. In fact, do me a favor ... pay attention in popular media, and see if you can't see what I've been seeing for a very long time. I could use some observant stringers. The pay sucks, though. Consider it a labor of love.