Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Not Welcome at the Inaugural

Of course, Bush is the darling of the Religious Whackjob Right, but I have wondered all along if he and Karl Rove were just playing the Right Wing Clerics in order to win an election. I certainly wouldn't put it beyond them, and neither would you folks, would you? Let's face it, those Right Wing Clerics are going to vote Repug no matter what.

Interestingly, just nine months after the Passion arguably made the Cross as a symbol a major player in this election, has banned crosses from the Inauguration. Nope, you are not allowed to bring your own cross to the event. And boy those folks at Focus on the Family are PISSED!

I hope this sort of rule changes by 2008, because I intend on carrying a symbol of my religion to that event. Is there such a thing as a "Neo-Druid? And isn't their symbol an aluminum Xmas tree?