Friday, January 28, 2005

Postcards from the Edge of Reality

Every morning, I wake up in my bed, and recognize my surroundings. The only problem is, when I open my front door and step outside, the landscape is changing so quickly that I no longer recognize the country I was born in.

What's up with that?

PBS show with gay parents pulled

By CARL HOOVER Tribune-Herald entertainment editor

Friday, January 28, 2005

Waco fans of 'Postcards From Buster,' an animated Public Broadcasting Service children's program featuring Buster Baxter the rabbit, won't see him visiting Vermont kids with lesbian parents after PBS pulled the Feb. 2 episode from national distribution.

The public television service took the action after newly appointed Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings blasted the episode in a letter written to PBS president and chief executive officer Pat Mitchell.

'Many parents would not want their young children exposed to the lifestyles portrayed in the episode,' Spellings wrote, questioning the amount of federal funds used for it."...