Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Outta Sync, Outta Sorts

It's been my practice for years to "pull in and wait it out" when I'm feeling out of sync with the world. The last couple of weeks have been like that. I've been trying to find something to smile about, some piece of irony, something that will reveal a small glimpse into a future that shines instead of burns. I haven't found it yet -- I'm still looking -- and I've got to face this fact: We have another four loooong years of the chimp-in-chief. Uuugghh!

I do take consolation in the fact that we CAN make the chimps life as miserable as he's gonna make ours. So, for the activist in all of us, the Velvet Revolution has begun. Check out this page for current election / voter news and related activities. The BradBlog is also covering the latest twists and turns in the last election. Brad's done a take down of CNN's "report on the report of exit poll results". The election shuffle continues with the MSM not reporting on anything worth knowing about, while Nine Judiciary Committee Democrats call on chairman to hold formal hearings on voting irregularities and reform.

This morning while searching for crumbs of real news I happened across this headline: Cheney Exercising Muscle on Domestic Policies. My first thought, before reading the article was, "Oh great, bend over Big Dick's getting ready to screw us." Guess what? I was right. It's a strange article, or it struck me as strange. Anyway I'll sum it up: blah, blah, blah Cheney's wants to gut Social Security more than Bush and Cheney's got the ear of Greenspan. Shorter version: Bend over, here comes the Big Dick. In a tit-for-tat effort, the Cheney - Halliburton scandals could be moved to the front of the blog-o-sphere. Hey Dick -- Screw You, too!

I've been trying to get this danged post done all day...it sucks when work gets in the way...sigh...I'm still outta sync, and I'm going to end this post with something that's totally inappropriate, but made me smile.