Monday, March 07, 2005

Hearts that Scream Love at the World...

Counting the Cost

On the heath Lear asks Gloucester: "How do you see the world?" And Gloucester, who is blind, answers: "I see it feelingly.'"

Bill Moyers: "The news is not good these days. But as a journalist I know the news is never the end of the story. The news can be the truth that sets us free not only to feel but to fight for the future we want. The will to fight is the antidote to despair, the cure for cynicism, and the answer to those faces looking back at me from those photographs on my desk. We must match the science of human health to what the ancient Israelites called hochma—the science of the heart, the capacity to see and feel and then to act as if the future depended on us.
Believe me, it does."
Paul Simon: "Oh... Peace like a river ran through the city,
Long past the midnight curfew we sat starry-eyed, oh we were satisfied."


The above image is of a painting that was done for me on my birthday in 1990. I've read all the "news" today. I have no wisdom or insight to impart to anyone. I have my heart. My many hearts. You can Google all the "news". I'm here to tell you that there is something more for us to do. There is something incredible for us yet to do. And you know... I'm using "us" specifically, because I've never believed in an "us" beyond human beings....It goes far beyond democrats and republicans... leftists and rightists... progressives and regressives. We as a culture just haven't quite gotten it yet though. Pity. It could be to our ultimate demise. I am counting the cost.



My dear friend, Yvonne Le Barr painted this for me (where are you Yvonne?) ... I was Kate of the heart then and now ... the rock heart, the glass heart, the shell heart, the candy heart... the crash and burn heart... She said I was the heart that screamed love at the world.

I dont' know if I was or still am. I know that the world hurts my heart these days... I know that what I read in the "news" is completely illogical. Business as usual on the crazy-making Happy Planet. I also know about a lot of things you'll never see on CNN or the network news.