Saturday, December 11, 2004

What to Say When I Have Nothing to Say

Or, The Stones Speak and I Am Silent

Or, from Harlan Ellison, "I have no mouth and I must scream." This is the conundrum I found myself in. It's not really new. When the craziness gets to be too much on the Happy Planet, and my own life goes bonkers I get quiet ... sometimes preternaturally quiet. In my family we call it "hunkering down."

What happens for you when your life and the happy, Happy Planet become so toxic you can't speak? Does that ever happen for you? I trust ASZites to be able to describe it. It would help me, gentle people. I would feel less alien. Less defective.

Nothing really much new is up with me. I have an okay job that pays jackshit part time. The government thinks I owe them money. Ha. I have been coerced into calling the accountant. AND... The "most wonderful time of the year" is upon us, and I feel anything but festive. I have my Merry Frigging Christmas button ready to wear to work tomorrow. ;-)

Short of that simple BS, you can consider this an invitation to a Saturday Night Open Thread.