January 6th is a critical date in American history. It is the last chance this country has to preserve its democracy. If Senators and Congresspeople do not stand up and do the right thing that day, democracy is over in the nation that introduced it to the modern world, and our descent into dictatorship will have been completed.
If the small group of ultra right wing traitors presently in control of the Senate, the House, the Presidency, the Judiciary, the Press, and the manufacture of deliberately unverifiable voting machines, is permitted to stage a second coup d'etat, there will never be "election reform"; this crowd has made it abundantly clear that it respects power, not law. It will have become impossible to rid our nation of this cancer through the electoral process.
Things to do before January 6th:
- Investigate the Vote - MoveOn.org petition
- Request to US Senators Not to Certify the Election - Coalition Against Election Fraud petition
- Ask Your Senators to Contest the Vote - Contest the Vote petition
- Rainbow Push Coalition - Contest the Ohio Vote
- Save Our Votes March -- Baltimore, Maryland, to Washington DC -- Jan. 4th - Jan. 6th -- The Ohio Election Fraud Blog has a list of marches, vigils and other activities to keep you busy, check it out.
New Mexico isn't without problems either, ever heard of "phantom votes"? Seems they cancel out undervotes -- but don't actually exist. Huh?
It's time to be noisy folks. Get your Senator to contest AND investigate the vote. No more of the hacked up legislation like HAVA - which enabled more unverifiable voting to occur in the form of Diebold, ESS, Sequoia, TriAd, ect. "vote technology". It's time for actual standards to be employed, and a truly non-partisan, auditable, transparent voting system to be implemented.