Saturday, June 05, 2004

Sad

Ronald Reagan is apparently on his last legs. According to reports, his condition has markedly deteriorated in the recent past.

When Ronnie does go, he'll get personal credit for a lot of things ("Tear down that wall, Mr. Gorbachev.") that he doesn't deserve, the fall of the ex-Soviet Union being one of them. There will be an outpouring of Republican grief on the day Reagan dies, and believe it or not, Monkey Boy™ will get a bounce from it.

While there would never be any real love lost between Ronald Reagan and myself, I sympathize with Nancy Reagan. "Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. I recently lost a loved one to complications from Alzheimer's, and I can tell you that no one deserves such an ignoble ending. May his journey soon come to a merciful conclusion.

Update, 5:15PM - Well, that didn't take long.