Thursday, August 19, 2004

What Do We Call the Enemy?

Tom Englehardt of Tom Dispatch has a lengthy piece I'm not even half done with at this moment ... but a pointer in his direction seems to me warranted as a several times a week read. Since the current plutarchs/oligarchs appear to want their Iraq debaucle to "go away" as quickly as possible, one of my imperatives is to keep it in the frontal lobes of all of our brains. Begin your read here, and I look forward to discussing any and all with you when I get back from helping my daughter and son-in-law, (the Boo and Tom) paint the living room of their new house ... a little classic rock on the radio, some paint fumes, good company. Seems more palatable today than talking heads and a computer-focused life. A life apart from the absurd destruction of the Powers That Be... it's more than a concept thing.

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living." General Omar Bradley"