Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Issue for the Next 20 Days

The pump price at my local gas station went up 4 cents / gallon overnight.

Even though I don't use heating oil in my home, I received an ad today from a local fuel oil company offering to lock customers in at $1.29 / gallon for the season. Last year, the same company was doing an early season lock of $0.79 / gallon for the season.

A little while ago, I was in the food store, and overheard a conversation between a semi-despondent middle aged woman and a male aquaintance - "They filled up my tank yesterday, 195 gallons. The bill was in my door. It was over $400. I don't know what I'm going to do."

Oil prices surpass $54 on supply concerns

Oil prices surpassed $54 a barrel Tuesday due to nagging concerns in the market that the global supply buffer is too thin to handle a significant output disruption...
The day is going to come in the not-so-distant Bush future that we're going to look back wistfully at $54 oil.

Tomorrow night, John Kerry has to hit this one out of the park.