Monday, October 25, 2004

Manic Monday

is beckoning to Hulkette...

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

(The Bangles, in case you didnt' know)

Kate and I were driving to work just a bit ago, and the bozos on AM radio (KFI, Los Angeles) were just begging to be slapped.

Rant #1: Newsreaders. Pulease, they pay these people money to use their voices and articulation and fluency to communicate the current "news" to us tiny little, inconsequential Sims. You would think they'd do a better job of it, but ... NO. If I was one of their bosses, I'd be firing their asses left and right. The KFI guy at the top of the hour was giving the "hot off the wire" blurb about the theft of the explosives in Iraq and he said something about "infiltrators". But he pronounced it: in-fil-trators. This sort of thing makes me completely bonkers. Rather like the month-long national mispronunciation of the moon of Jupiter called "io". I used lower case to demonstrate why the dingbat newsreaders didn't get it right EVER,and pronounced it: "Lo" instead. For some reason their teleprompters or copy had a capital "i" that looked like a capital "L". But they were too uneducated to know the names of the larger Jupiter moons. Lo. As Dear Husband says often: everywhere you look there's a clown.

Rant#2: Still on the road, listening to the top o' the hour "news"... getting ready to listen to Oxycontin Boy. Chief Justice William Rehnquist is hospitalized at age 80 with thyroid cancer. Too bad for the Twig. Not possible for Rehnquist to die, and get the "new"'chief' in there before November 2nd. Oxycontin Boy later expressed "sadness" over Rehnquist's illness. My thought as I was motoring down the 57S to work was: "Jebus... he's 80 years old fergawdsakes! Let him die without all fake sentimentality for the legal aristocracy." Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Kate has to get to work now, and there's a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans calling my name. Carry on Gentles. Oh. Caramba! Can somebody fill me in on Rehnquist. Who appointed him, etc., ad nauseum...? ;-)