Saturday, October 30, 2004

Tutor Turtle Calls for Help

"Save me Mr. Wizard! Save me!

I know this has been around for a couple of weeks now ... but I tried to ignore it at first. Today, it poked a sore spot in my mind, and so here at ASZ you get the aftermath. The Goddess loves blogging.

It seems the ShrubCo faux religious blitzkrieg has officially endorsed the creationist book being distributed at the Grand Canyon... Yes, friends... the Grand Canyon was created by the Old Testament recorded flood that little children learn about in the biblical story of Noah and the Ark. (Bill Cosby's version leaps to mind now. Voice of God: "NOAH... I want you to build... an ark -- Noah: RIGHT!") Think: all the animal species on the Happy Planet, two-by-two, squabbling adult children and a real pooper-scooper problem. But don't take my word for it. Read the theo-con, theo-crat bullshit in all it's "glory" here...

PARK SERVICE STICKS WITH BIBLICAL EXPLANATION FOR GRAND CANYON (press release)

"Washington, DC — The Bush Administration has decided that it will stand by its approval for a book claiming the Grand Canyon was created by Noah’s flood rather than by geologic forces, according to internal documents released today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER)"

I've started to think the crew of the Mothership has forsaken me for good and for all.