Friday, May 28, 2004

My Twisted Simple Logic

Forget the friggin' polls (even those showing John Kerry widening his lead on monkey boy). Please -- shoot me down if I'm wrong. Don't just sit there thinking, "Wow, this guy's a moron." Tell me why I'm a fucking moron for my logic below (that's what the little "comment" link at the bottom of postings is for). I've been saying it for months: President-elect Kerry has nothing to worry about. But there's still a lot of nervous nellie progressives out there.

  • President Gore won the popular vote in 2000 by roughly a half-million votes
  • Almost all who voted in 2000 for Gore will vote for Kerry.
  • A statistically significant percentage of those who voted for pResident Bush in 2000 will vote for Kerry.
  • Bush won many red states in 2000 by a razor thin margin.
  • Gore won most blue states in 2000 by comfortable margins.

Please be among the first to welcome President John F. Kerry, 44th President (actually, 43rd, but who's splitting hairs) of the United States.

It's axiomatic.

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincerely.