Tuesday, April 13, 2004



While Our Troops Remain on Iraq's Streets There is no Hope

...from Common Dreams and Jonathan Steele:
"One thing is even clearer at the end of the heaviest week of American casualties in Iraq since the invasion was launched. The current combat is nothing to do with Saddam Hussein. His hollow regime did not have the muscle or the loyalty to summon up the urban guerrilla resistance that we have seen over the past seven days. His conscript army split and ran."Tell me again how great it is that the US military did what it did, and the grand and glorious US of A is securing the blessings of liberty in the Middle East.

Addendum (5:52 PM PDT) : I keep thinking about this and thinking about this...

How is it that the world community stands by and watches all this happen in Iraq...? In my little corner of the world we try to fix what doesn't work. How come nobody's fixing this?

Don't answer that. I don't wanna know. My mom used to push the "ignorance is bliss thing". I scoffed for a long time. I'm not so sure any more.

Snakes. I grew up in a place with Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes... I've not outgrown my fear of them, nor the impulse to see them everywhere.


Hiss....