Monday, April 26, 2004



Monday, Monday
"can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time."


It really doesn't matter, I suppose, that so many of us said the invasion and occupation of Iraq was all about oil and other resources to be raped by the corporate reptiles. But, as my baby sister says, "It is what it is. Grab your helmet and strap in."

Here, from Mark LeVine at TomDispatch: Sponsored Chaos

Excerpt of the intro: "Mark LeVine, historian and co-editor of Twilight of Empire: Responses to Occupation, asks whether incompetence and bad planning really fully cover what's going on in Iraq, whether in fact in various ways "chaos" has both its advantages and its sponsors. He begins what I hope might be a larger debate about Iraq, certainly; but also about the nature and uses of chaos and violence in our world."

It's almost 6 AM. I've been awake since 3:30. Mondays have never been among my favorite days of the week. It's important to read the fine print on Mondays.