Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Crazy George is DEALING, DEALING, DEALING - With Terrorists

(My apologies in advance for riffing on the old Crazy Eddie commercials...it's an East Coast thing, I think...)

I'm sure that Osama bin-Missing is very happy to hear about the government's deal with bomber and domestic terrorist Eric Rudolph. Earlier, I wrote that I felt the government was more or less forced to deal with him - because they really didn't want the crackpot fundamentalist nature of his beliefs or religious associations coming to light.

His actions today seem to confirm my suspicions:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - With a hint of pride in his voice and a wink at prosecutors, Eric Rudolph pleaded guilty Wednesday to setting off a deadly blast at an abortion clinic, the first plea for a string of bombings that will send him to prison for life...

... Rudolph, dressed in a red jail uniform, winked toward prosecutors as he entered court and spoke tersely to answer a series of questions from the judge, saying the government could "just barely" prove its case if it went to trial.

... Under the plea deal, Fulton County prosecutors agreed not to pursue future state charges in Georgia against Rudolph at the request of federal authorities, said Erik Friedly, a spokesman for District Attorney Paul Howard...

Why? Why would the federal government cut a deal with Rudolph for information on the alleged whereabouts of "250 pounds of dynamite". Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

I refer you to my earlier posting on this topic...