Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ain't Too Proud to Beg - the ASZ Blog-a-thon

This post stays at the top all day on 4/5/05. Scroll down for today's regularly scheduled bloviating.

Today's the day that I drive everyone away as surely as St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. I'm asking you for money.

ASZ needs your support. While this whole endeavor is a labor of love for all of the primary contributors, it's evolved to something a little bit more ambitious than I think you (as a reader) or I (as the blogmaster) had originally envisioned when it was cranked it up a little over a year ago. So over the next 5 days, ASZ is running a blog-a-thon. Your participation (or lack thereof) will, quite frankly, determine the future direction of All Spin Zone.

Everyone's suffered through the Great Blogger Meltdown of 2005, and it's way past time to move into our own domain and onto a blogging platform that's more stable and reliable, if for no other reason than my own sanity. I'd also like to start development of an easy way to allow more community collaboration on topics such as the bankruptcy bill fight. And these are just two examples of infrastructure changes that are needed in advance of what I anticipate to be a really busy and crazy political time in the next few months, and certainly with midterm elections next year.

The easiest way in the world to contribute to the cause is simply to click on the Amazon.com tip bucket icon on the right of your screen, or click on this link. I won't do PayPal, so please don't even ask. Our suggested contribution level is $10, but you're certainly free (and we'd thank you) for even greater support. And if you donate at the $100,000 level, I'll even take a cue from Maximum Leader and make you an ASZ Ranger.

Tommorrow I go for your heart: Even starving artists need support. The blog-a-thon continues with The ASZ Value Proposition.

(P.S. - I wasn't aware until I read it in the comments that Steve Gilliard's running a blog-a-thon, too. I could look at this one of two ways, but here's how I prefer to view it: GMTA.)